Health and Safety Risk Assessment
Prime Safety Management are a Health & Safety and Risk Management specialists. We offer our services to Car Dealerships, Motor Vehicle Repair, Bodyshop and Motor Trade sectors throughout the UK. We work in partnership with you to fully understand your individual needs and implement user friendly, practical solutions to suit your requirements. In addition, we are specialists in BS10125:2014 for the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry.
We offer a full range of support, encompassing all aspects of Health and Safety, from a bespoke service to a self-managed online system.
It is a legal requirement for organisations with 5 or more staff to carry out documented health and safety risk assessments of all of their significant hazards. Although it is your responsibility to undertake risk assessments on your premises Prime Safety Management offer risk assessment services and can support you through the process. If you need assistance or just want to discuss your obligations and how we can help
The Health & Safety Executive guidance advocates a 5 step approach to risk assessments
1. Identify the hazards present (a hazard is anything with the potential to cause harm e.g. slippery floors, electrical equipment, lifting heavy objects, stress, machinery, fire etc.).
2. Identify the people at risk from the hazards e.g. employees, contractors, visitors etc. Particularly vulnerable employees should also be considered e.g. young people and new/expectant mothers.
3. Evaluate the risk, taking into account the likelihood and severity of any accidents. Existing controls in place should be identified and evaluated.
4. Record the findings on a suitable form.
5. Review the risk assessment regularly.